WindowBlinds 7.0 Build 230126 Windows 7
WindowBlinds is a program that allows you to completely change the look
and feel of Windows to however you want it to look like.WindowBlinds
allows you to completely customize your desktop look by changing the
style of title buttons, bars and toolbars. You can change the look of
buttons and check boxes by assigning them skins, or personalities, and
you can assign buttons that will launch programs to toolbars.You can
create your own skins, choose from the four that are included in the
program, or download additional ones. You can also choose to exclude
certain programs from WindowBlinds if you don`t want to change their
Applying visual styles : In addition to the shortcut to the
WindowBlinds Advanced Config window in your Start menu, you can change
WB visual styles and settings from either the Skins or Appearance tab
in Display Properties.Set the skin to Windows Classic to not use a WB
skin on startup (or use the options on the Skins tab or in the Advanced
to select from over 3200 free visual styles.
WindowBlinds has been designed and tested to be as compatible with with
thousands of applications and pieces of hardware available. Its memory
load is quite low (unless you are using complexskins with lots of
animation) and any oddities with specific apps can generally be worked
around quickly (see the Troubleshooting section of the online help file
for more information).
Here are some key features of "WindowBlinds":
· Apply color to skins
· Skin Windows Start Bar and Explorer
· Add animations to your start panel
· Skin different programs with different skins
· Add more title bar buttons (roll-up, etc..)
· Change color/hue/brightness on the fly
· Change progress animations
· Skin scrollbars and toolbar icons
· Apply textures to Aero skins
· 1GHz or faster processor recommended
· 60MB free drive space
· 256MB RAM
· A 16MB DirectX 8 or later compatible video card with appropriate
driver support is required for per-pixel alpha-blended skins. Some
integrated graphics solutions and lower-end cards from before 2004 may
not be able to use per-pixel skins.
What's New in This Release:
· Native support for Windows 7
· Native Aero skinning for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
· Native 64-bit support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
· Auto-conversion of Windows XP era skins to Windows Vista or Windows 7
· Ability to apply textures to skins
· A new, easy to use configuration program
· Native Clear-Type support for better font handling
· New Skin format called UIS0 for skinning Aero (takes hours instead of days to create a new skin).
· New WindowBlinds 7 skins included such as Submline, Aero Metals,
Corporate, Aero Woods, Aero Clay, Sabertooth along with new
WindowBlinds 7 skins being released soon after to the public such as
· Option to have a random skin applied each logon
· Much better customization of fonts
· Massive performance improvements in applying of skins.
· Optimization of Windows Vista and Windows 7 DWM drawing to improve battery life on laptops.
· Aero skinning (UIS0) is 100% compatible (it’s Aero) with all Windows programs.